Wabi-Whatnow?

Wabi-sabi is a Japanese philosophy that embraces the imperfect, ephemeral, and incomplete. I'm always screwing something up, but it often comes out more beautiful, more instructive, and more fun for it. Come make mistakes with me!

Sunday, May 15, 2011

Easy Knitted Lace

My newest knitting project, courtesy of Knitty.com.  The pattern is called Palette.  



I've always been a little wary about knitting lace.  I get all excited about some pretty pattern that only takes one skein of yarn, and then I knit about six inches, realize I can't see the lace pattern at all, panic, and stuff it in the back of a drawer somewhere.

So when I tell you that this pattern is easy, easy knitted lace, believe me!  Totally unintimidating.  Just do buy more yarn than the pattern says.  I thought I could get away with one skein (this is Lion Brand Moonlight Mohair, color Glacier Bay)  only to run out less than halfway through.  I knit pretty tightly, but still. 

The running-out-of-yarn hiccup kept me from giving this as a mother's day gift.  Birthday present it is!

No comments:

Post a Comment