Wabi-Whatnow?

Wabi-sabi is a Japanese philosophy that embraces the imperfect, ephemeral, and incomplete. I'm always screwing something up, but it often comes out more beautiful, more instructive, and more fun for it. Come make mistakes with me!

Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Mother's Day!

I've been doing lots of crafty experimenting this week, but it's mostly been fiddling with fabric, no photo-worthy process yet.  (My new fabric flowers are looking pretty cool, though!)  So more on that soon.

But I spent most of today with my mom, so I thought I'd just share the Martha Stewart tutorial for the card I made her.  It's a super-cool pop-up boquet!  It would be great for birthdays, anniversaries, whatever.  It takes a little bit of time cutting out flowers, but it's actually really easy!  Just go one step at a time and try not to think too far ahead.  It will work out.
Photo from marthastewart.com

No comments:

Post a Comment